Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad is locked on a screen that show itune cord. Picture on screen is a charger cord pointed at an apple icon...

Customer Question
My ipad is locked...

My ipad is locked on a screen that show itune cord

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

.Picture on screen is a charger cord pointed at an apple icon

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?

Not that i can tell

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
6/10/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 2 years ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hello! Your iPad has gotten into Recovery Mode.

To get out of recovery mode, make sure your USB cable is connected to both the computer running iTunes and your device.You may need to hold the home button while connecting your USB cable.

Now hold the home and sleep/wake buttons together until you see the Apple logo appear. Don’t let go until then – it can take several seconds: the recovery graphic will disappear and a black screen might be shown for a while, but keep holding the buttons down until the white Apple appears.

Leave the USB cable connected until your device boots up and shows the lock screen. It’s now out of recovery mode.