Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I buy iPad Air last week used from some he was moving when I get home I charged the iPad and I found that the iPad...

Customer Question
I buy iPad Air last...
I buy iPad Air last week used from some he was moving when I get home I charged the iPad and I found that the iPad was locked by iCloud account. So what can I do"
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
6/5/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mac_Martin, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
Mac_Martin
Mac_Martin, Mac Enthusiast

Hello Jean, how are you?

You need to contact the seller and ask them for the password ***** that's the only way to unlock it. The password ***** in there is set as a type of theft prevention system by Apple.

A lot of people who buy used iPads and iPhones run into the same problem.

If they cannot provide the password, I suggest returning it and getting it replaced.

Does that make sense?