Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My downloaded videos in iPhoto from my iphone will no play.

Customer Question

my downloaded videos in iPhoto from my iphone will no play. how can I fix this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:
• The exact system Version (listed right under OS X ??)
• Processor
• Memory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
version: 10.9.5
processor: 2.8GHz intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Were these videos taken with the phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
some with the iphone and some with a digital camera. Old videos played at one time, but do not play now and videos I downloaded from my iphone tonight do not play
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK that has nothing to do with flash. Did you see my offer to remote connect?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did but I do not want to pay any more than I am now
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK then please follow all these directions:

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. If you can't get to that menu just hold the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down. Then start it up again holding those keys. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go.

When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I waited for two hours and you never replied. What happened?