Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

IPad mini (and IPad standard) do not recognize credit card

Customer Question
reader from either INTUIT or...
IPad mini (and IPad standard) do not recognize credit card reader from either INTUIT or EMS. All settings have been checked and re-checked. Card readers are recognized by an Apple mobile phone as well as an Android phone. As stated, I have gone through the IPAD setting 2 or 3 times with a tech, have uninstalled both INTUIT and EMS apps and re-installed without success.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
5/31/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello Kathryn, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

iPads do NOT always have the same iOS and RF Hardware as cell phones do, so just because it works on a Apple iPhone, does not automatically mean it will work on an iPad.

.

So, what exactly do you mean the iPad wont recognize credit card readers? Do you mean, you want to make a PURCHASE with your iPad, but the credit card reader wont connect to the iPad for processing. Apple calls it APPLE PAY, and Samsung calls theirs SAMSUNG PAY.

The reason is....iPads do NOT have the NFC (near field communications) hardware that allow for you to TAP on the credit card reader and the payment to go through.

.

Is that what you meant?

Mac Support Specialist: Robert, consultant replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, consultant

check the location settings. card readers usually require that you have those on

you also need to check the blue tooth as most card readers actually connect via blue tooth even though they plug into the device.

Robert
Robert
Robert, consultant