Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I gave my sister an iPad; but she didn't use it so returned

Customer Question

I gave my sister an iPad; but she didn't use it so returned it to me. Unfortunately she has forgotten her iCloud id, etc. How can I reset this machine so I can use it for myself? I do know her Apple ID password.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

If you are currently able to access the iPad, please tap the Settings apps, and then tap "General" at the left side.

Next, tap the "Reset" option (at the bottom) on the right, and then tap "Erase All Content and Settings".

The iPad will then reset and reboot, after which the device will be restored to factory defaults.

Do keep me posted. If you need any further assistance with this issue, please be sure to reply back using the box below.
And, if you could kindly click on (and submit) one of the star buttons at the top of this page to rate my service, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I've already been there because we had tried numerous time to reset the iPad.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

(Please IGNORE and "X" out any remote assistance offer if it shows up on this page now; I'll reply back to you below.)

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

I see; when you try to reset the iPad this way, what exactly happens?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Please close out any remote offer if it shows up on this screen now; it's sent by the site, and NOT by me.

When you try to reset the iPad normally, does it prompt you to log in to an Apple account, by any chance?