Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My mac keeps telling me mail can't connect to the account

Customer Question
"Hotmail" enter password, when I...
My mac keeps telling me mail can't connect to the account "Hotmail" enter password, when I do nothing happens & then the same question comes up
Regards Andrew
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
5/28/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 1 year ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Is your hotmail email account password ***** working at the hotmail.com website?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't know

You have a hotmail email account right?

Can you go to the Hotmail.com website www.hotmail.com now and check?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help you. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My password ***** when I go to www.hotmail.com

Great. Please try the following:

Solution #1:

- Sign in your hotmail account at the website below:

https://account.live.com/password/change

, then there, change your account password, then click on Save at he bottom. Then see if the new password *****

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, in the Mail application, click on the Mail menu at the top, then click on Preferences

, then click on Accounts tab at the top

, then select your hotmail account, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left of computer's screen, and delete it for now

, then click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, then enter your hotmail email account information and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Didn't work totally fed up I'll try another day

I'm sorry. Are you stuck at any step? Or is there any error or message?

OK. In the mean time, you can use your email at the hotmail.com website:

www.hotmail.com

- You can bookmark the hotmail.com website, so you can access your hotmail account quickly from Safari application (or your internet browser application.)

- And/or if you'd like to, you can download and install the Thunderbird software at the website below:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

, then open the Mozilla Thunderbird application, then select the option to use existing email account, then enter your hotmail account information, and continue. Then from now on, use the Mozilla Thunderbird application for accessing email.

Please get back to me whenever you are available to continue. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
None of the above worked at all
I do have Apple Mac not a P.C.
Mac Support Specialist: Robert, consultant replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, consultant

this page shows how to set it up using both pop and imap

if one does not work try the other

http://email.about.com/od/macosxmailtips/qt/How_to_Access_Windows_Live_Hotmail_with_Mac_OS_X_Mail.htm

Robert
Robert
Robert, consultant