Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I accidentally back up my iPhone to an old back up. How to

Customer Question
restore it please JA: Sometimes things...
I accidentally back up my iPhone to an old back up. How to restore it please
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Just want to update my iPhone but when I connected it to iTunes in my laptop i accidentally clicked back up to an old iPhone 4 I had and all my photos are gone forever and my phone was like iPhone 4
JA: No. I don't like to pay for everything individually.
Customer: What?????
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: All I want is my photos and videos back that's all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
5/26/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 1 year ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello how can I get my photos and videos back.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there any way I can do in my iTunes to restore it to get back my photos? I have an iPhone 6 Plus now but accidentally click the button that says back up to an old back up

go to settings --> icloud --> storage --> manage storage --> here are your backups

If you have one that you can restore to.. then go to settings --> general --> reset --> erase all content and settings

then turn on iphone and choose restore from icloud backup

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But I didn't back up to iCloud too

you have a backup on your computer through itunes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I connect to iTunes in the laptop it tells me to create a new iPhone or a back up. I accod tally click back up and my phone turns off and when it opened it was like my iPhone 4. Didn't have the time to back up my iPhone 6plus as I quickly restored it

If you don't have a backup of the iphone 6 I don't see anyway of restoring it.

I'll open this up to see if others have a way of retrieving your information.

Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 1 year ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi!

Most users do not know that your iPhone is backed up to iCloud even though it is doing it automatically.

At this point, it is best to check to see if you have an iCloud backup available to restore from...

1. Tap Settings, then General. Scroll down until you see Reset. ...
  2. Tap Erase All Content and Settings. ...
  3. Now you will have to enter your Apple ID password. ...
  4. The reset process can take a minute or two, after which you'll see the welcome screen asking you to swipe to continue.
  5. After the restart, select Restore from iCloud backup
  6. Follow the prompts
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try that but all my iCloud has been turned off

Let me know how it goes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't have an iCloud back up so its permanently gone for good all my photos

Unfortunately, without a backup, there is nothing that can be done for your photos.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Josh, Mac Support