Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My ipad did the new update on Saturday night. I used it on

Customer Question
Hi, My ipad did the...
Hi, My ipad did the new update on Saturday night. I used it on Sunday morning until suddenly it showed a white screen with the apple logo and promptly died. I have tried the reset to no avail.. bit worried as I have not backed up for a little while. Cheers Richard
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: Unit is fully charged
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
5/22/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 1 year ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi!

Please plug in your iPad and while it is plugged in, please hold down the POWER and HOME button together until you see the Apple icon. After the restart, please try again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HI Josh, Thanks
I have tried this again. It is the same as my attempt yesterday which is that it is (after about 15seconds) coming up with the white screen showing the apple logo, however it goes blank after 2-3 seconds and will do nothing after that. Any more ideas?

How old is the iPad?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its an ipad air 2. About 3 years old. I backed it up about 1 year ago to my home computer (which has since died -fixable problem but another story not related to the ipad!)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok. So I have got to a point where the screen is white with the black apple logo in the centre. It has been like this for about 20mns. Nothing else is on the screen. Let me know if this is normal..

Did the iPad ever come back on properly or is it still frozen on the Apple logo?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Josh,
The white screen with logo is on-going with no change

Unfortunately, if that is the case then the iPad has hardware failure and will need to be repaired or replaced.

I would suggest that you take your iPad to a local Apple store so they can give you a free diagnosis to determine the best route and cost for the issue. Here is a store locator to find one close-by: http://www.apple.com/retail/

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Josh, Sorry for not replying sooner as work has taken over these last couple of days.
Just one more thing... And may not be making use of your IT expertise however you have sent the link for apple stores but there is none in New Zealand (it appears), so should I be taking it to a local retailer here in Auckland? Your help here will be great.

My apologies -- Click here: https://locate.apple.com/nz/en/

Select Service and enter your address, city, or postcode.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Josh, Mac Support