Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I've been ask to provide approval on another Apple device

Customer Question
for my new (reconditioned) phone...
I've been ask to provide approval on another Apple device for my new (reconditioned) phone to continue using Apple. I don't know how to do this. Also requested my Apple security code. Didn't know I had one. Is it a code that would have come with a device, or would it t be a code chosen by me? I would really appreciate response. Thanks, ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
5/21/2016
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Hello Di. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. Do you own any other Apple devices, such as an iPad or Mac computer that are linked to the apple id that you are using on your new (reconditioned) phone? If so, as a security feature, Apple will send a text message or email with a code to these devices and you will also see a popup message telling you that another device has requested access to your Apple Id. If you see this, please choose "allow". This is an Apple security feature to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
If you don't have any other Apple devices, you may need to remove your previous phone from your Apple account. Sign in to your Apple ID account page, then scroll to Devices. If you don’t see your devices right away, click View Details and answer your security questions. If you see any old devices that you aren't using anymore, just click the device to see its details, then click Remove. Once you've done this, you should not be asked for approval again. Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know which ID Apple requires. What to do now? Sorry I've taken so long to get back, but I hate these procedures so much, I put them off for as long as possible.
Hi there Di. I completely understand. These things can be very trying. There are several ways that we can retrieve your id. If you have another Apple device that you're using, I can show walk you through how to retrieve it from that device. Also, you can go to https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid and enter your first and last name and your email address and your Apple Id will be emailed to you. We can use a similar process to reset the password ***** necessary. I'd be happy to offer a call if you'd like. Just be sure to provide the best time to call, including the area code. I am CST so it;s about 3:45 here right now. This is completely optional. If you'd prefer, I will walk you through a solution step by step here.
GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist