Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have just gotten a dialogue box that says it is from

Customer Question

I have just gotten a dialogue box that says it is from http:apple.com-systemnotification.com it says VIRUS FOUND then it says 'the previous website you visited has infected Mac OSX with a virus. Press OK to begin the repair process."
I want to know if this is a legitimate message. I have done "Command Option, Escape" to force quit Safari. It goes away, but when i open safari again. it comes back. Can't seem to get around it. Should I click on OK?
Dave Orr
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dave and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. That is a SCAM message. Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit window. Select Safari and click Force Quit. This will close Safari. Then hold down Shift key on your keyboard and open Safari. Click on Safari menu and select Clear History and Website Data. On the drop down next to Clear, select All History and click Clear History. (If you see Reset Safari instead, click it and Reset Safari)That will remove it. If you have any difficulty on following the steps above or if you are unable to remove it,please reply in here and I will continue to help you. Please let me know how it goes. Looking forward to your reply.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Just checking. How is it going ?