Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am unable to open an important Pages doc. ??? JA:

Customer Question
Hello! I am unable to...
Hello! I am unable to open an important Pages doc. ???
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I've used it before many times. Now I can't open the appplication.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Pages is grayed out and will not open.
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: My Mac is OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/18/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. We can try some basic troubleshooting steps and see if it works or not. First reset the PRAM and NVRAM of your Mac. Follow the steps below to reset the PRAM and NVRAM Shut down your MacRestart and immediately hold down Command-Option-P-R keys at the same timeHold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for two or three times.Release the keys and let the Mac bootup. Open that document. If that didn't work,then restart your Mac and immediately hold down Shift key on your keyboard for15 seconds and this will boot into Safe Mode. Check Pages. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Ashik, I tried the first fix and will try the next one in a couple of hours. Getting on an airplane now. Thanks—I will check back later.
Hi there, Take your time. We can continue any time you want. If the above doesn't work, then we may need to reinstall Pages app. Let me know how it goes Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me later
Ashik, Mac Technician