Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I placed all my photos to my desk top instead of to my photos.

Customer Question

i placed all my photos to my desk top instead of to my photos. i need to get them off my desktop. too many it covers my whole page
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: need to delete the photos from my desktop but still keep them in my photo collection
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. You can open Finder, then click on Pictures, then drag photos from the Desktop screen to the Pictures folder. Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
There are many ways to move files / folders (photos / documents / etc.):- To select multiple items, you can hold down the Command key while clicking on each item, then drag them to the Pictures folder.- Or you can click and hold on an empty space near the first item on the Desktop, then drag the cursor all over the items you want to move, then drag them to the Pictures folder.- Or you can select multiple items, then click on Edit menu at the top, then click on Copy. Then open Finder, then open Pictures. Then click on Edit menu at the top, then click on Paste (or Move here.)- Or you can select multiple items, then Control + click on any selected item, then click on option Cut. Then open Finder. Then open Pictures. Then Control + click on any empty space there, then click on Paste (or Move..)- Or you can select multiple items, then press at the same time the two keys Command and X on keyboard. Then click on Finder, then open Pictures. Then press at the same time the two keys Command and V on keyboard. That would move them from Desktop to Pictures.- Also, here are a instruction videos on how to organize (copy / cut / move) files / folders:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4TwDcVelpchttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ANbO4K38k8- If you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and show you how to do this directly for you, or I can move all your photos out of your Desktop directly for you.When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,