Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Pearl...I just purchased a MacBook Pro from a pawn shop

Customer Question
Hi Pearl...I just purchased a...
Hi Pearl...I just purchased a MacBook Pro from a pawn shop and I'm locked out of it Can you help?
JA: Fortunately, the wizards we work with know the MacBook inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for the job. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: Need to reset MacBook Pro password (a1278)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/13/2016
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 1 year ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Try these steps please>Power off, then restart the computer. Then Press the Command and R keys at the same time when the grey screen appears and hold them until you see the Apple logo. A small loading bar will appear under the logo. Wait for the Recovery Mode, then click the Utilities tab in the top menu bar, select Terminal, type resetpassword ***** press Enter. Close out the Terminal window and behind it you will find the Reset Password ***** Then select the user account , enter a new password ***** leave it blank and click Save.
tyroneboman
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius