Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I left my Mac notebook and came back to find I could no longer

Customer Question
get into it. As well...
I left my Mac notebook and came back to find I could no longer get into it. As well, my name and picture are but so is a new icon called guest user which has appeared. I have never had any guest user on my computer. Has my computer been taken over? I cannot even type in my password ***** get into it. Help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/10/2016
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Hi Thelma. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Is the guest user the only thing that shows? Can you get into it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Both my icon and a guest user icon are on the screen and no I cannot get into my computer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thelma, I'd be happy to offer remote assistance but it won't help. I can only access your computer if you can get into it to download special software. Can you tell me what happens when you click on the guest icon?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing happens
Does the same thing (nothing) happen when you click on your icon? Id, please try to shut down your MAC by holding the power button down until it turns completely off. Let me know what you see when you turn it back on please
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am using my new iPhone to call you. Could it be used to get into my notebook?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I turned the computer off and on but still the same thing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?
I'm still here. I am trying to determine the best way to proceed. There is a possibility that you just put the MAC to sleep instead of turning it off completely. Please press and hold th epower button for at least 30 seconds.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have done that.should I try turning it on again?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I turned it on. Same thing. I notice there is no sound click when I closed it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why is guest user coming on the screen when there is none?
The guest account is built-in to all MACS. When you click on the guest account the computer should reboot into a mode that allows the user to use Safari only. When you click on your account you should be asked for a password. At the bottom of the screen do you see options to sleep, restart, and shut down?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They are there but they do not respond either
I am terribly sorry, but I am out of ideas. I will opt out and see if another expert might possibly be able to help you. You will be notified by email when another expert picks up the question. Have a nice day!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Alison. One time my computer had nothing at all on the screen the tech used Bluetooth to link in somehow.
Mac Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.First safeboot your system by following below steps: Be sure your Mac is shut down.Press the power button.Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold the Shift key. The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup tone, but not before the tone.Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple icon and the progress indicator (looks like a spinning gear).Wait while safe mode boots up. It will take a lot longer than regular OS X.Log in (press shift-enter instead of enter after putting in your password ***** log in without login items.)You are in safe modeSafe mode will run disk repair, and ignores the cache of kernel extensions. If you can boot into safeboot mode and can login to your account without problem, please restart the system and boot normally. Check again in normal mode. If you're unable to start your Mac in Safe Boot mode, or your Mac starts in Safe Boot mode, but it won't start up normally, please let me know the details, Please include the error message you are getting (if any). RegardsJins
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer