Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I accidentally "restored" my iPhone 6 to "the last version

Customer Question

i accidentally "restored" my iPhone 6 to "the last version - deleteing all photos etc
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i accidentally "restored" my iPhone 6 delting all photos etc
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: no thankyou
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.I'm very sorry that you lost your files. Unfortunately you can't undo it. It is almost impossible to recover overwritten data from the iPhone. Your iPhone's files overwritten with new data. Your only hope is iCloud backup or iTunes back up. If there is iCloud backup, then you can restore your phone to that backup. Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup and do you see a more recent backup there ? If so, you can erase your iPhone and restore to that iCloud backup. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. After erasing the iPhone, it will ask you to setup it. While setting up, select Restore from iCloud and this will restore your iPhone to more recent backup. Or if you have backup on iTunes on computer, then click Restore backup on iTunes on your computer and select most recent backup date. If that didn't work, then try this recovery application on your computer --> http://www.wondershare.com/drfone-iphone-data-recovery.html Try the trial version. If that didn't work as well, then I'm very sorry. There is no way to get the old data back. This is how Apple designed these devices. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.