GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I just changed the email Apple I

Customer Question

I just changed the email for my Apple ID and now I need to change it for the ICloud on my phone but it just keeps listing my old email and asking for a password. How can I change it to my new email/password? The old one is no longer active.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to head out so I was hoping the answer could be emailed to me at***@******.***. Or please just let me know how I get back in to see the answer. Thanks.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Even if the email address is no longer active you can still use it a an Apple. ID.. you don't know the password?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Go here and put in your Apple ID and answer the security questions to reset it: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The old ID is no longer a valid ID which is what pops when I try to use it. The old password ***** with it does nothing. I need to change the ID on my phone to the new one but it won't let me. My question has definitely not been answered. I even went to the link you sent to try the old email and it said again that it's not a valid ID. How do I change it on my phone?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
If you went to that link and that email address is not an Apple ID then I don't know sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks for the try. So I don't get charged then though right?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dave. Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. There is actually a very simple solution for this. I will post it here and also email to you. Just go to settings on your iphone and then tap iCloud. Tap the arrow by the email address/name. Tap edit. you can now change the name and or the email address to the one that is your current Apple ID. When that part is complete, click on Password ***** Security and change the password ***** to the correct password ***** your Apple Id.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alison,Thanks but when I tap the arrow next to the email it still brings up the popup window asking for the password ***** the old email. It doesn't take me to another screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm actually on hold with Apple now too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fixed it with Apple support. Thanks for the try but please do not charge my card. Thank you.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
You may have security on your iphone that requires you to enter your current Apple id password ***** you can change settings. Please try entering your current Apple password. Have you tried logging into icloud online (www.icloud.com) using your current Apple id and password? If you can get in and everything is backed up there, we may want to just reset the phone to factory and set it up from the beginning so that everything is using the same account. Let me know and I can provide detailed instructions if you'd like to do this. You'll also need to change it in settings for itunes or you won't be able to download updates, purchase apps, etc.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome :). I will alert customer service. You can followup with***@******.***.