Shefin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

CANNOT OPEN THE APPLICATION MICROSOT WORD JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

CANNOT OPEN THE APPLICATION MICROSOT WORD
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: THE WINDOW SAYS BECAUSE THE CLASSIC ENVIROMENT IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Apparently, nothing that can open an old Word 5 document except for Word. You can't use Word 5 on any Mac sold in the last few years, it's just plain too old. You could try opening it on an older Mac with Word 5 and saving it as .rtf or something else readable on a modern Mac. The other option is to buy a newer copy of Word, which is probably not appealing to open one single document. If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N