Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Pearl: I am having problems trying to access my icloud account

Customer Question
Hi Pearl: I am having...
Hi Pearl: I am having problems trying to access my icloud account on my ipad. I have changed the password ***** times and I can log onto apple.com and my account but it will not allow me to do it on the ipad?
JA: Fortunately, the tech wizards we work with know their way around the iCloud, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for the job. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: Originally I had deleted the email address that was on the ipad and do not have the pw. I was able to reinstate the email address but still did not have the orig pw. I was able to reset it with apple but it will not take on the ipad. I was also trying to get rid of the find my ipad feature as we want to sell it but because of all of these issues I am getting nowhere.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
4/28/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 1 year ago
Mike, Mac Medic
You can plug it in to the computer it is synced with and open iTunes then select the iPad and then Summary you will see Restore iPad. Do that but set up as new iPad at the end if you want to sell it...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Mike, I want the data from the old ipad to be on the new ipad. If I back up the old ipad and put it on my new ipad, I still have the same problem. Please advise. Thanks
If you go to icloud.com can you sign in with your Apple ID and password?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes I can. I just can't seem to sign in with my credentials on the ipad itself.
So you go to Settings / iCloud is it already signed in to an account?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes it is there. The problem is that I cannot log-in to the icloud account on my ipad. It asks me for the pw for my apple id or says go to settings and I put the pw in but no luck, yet it will work if I go to icloud.com or to the apple.com. websites. As a result I cannot switch or delete this account.
Hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together until you see the Apple Logo. Let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No luck. Same issue wants me to reset the pw again.
OK plug it in to the Mac and open iTunes can you select Backup Now?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes, I am doing this under a different ITune account.
You should not do that. Don't you have the computer that it was synced to?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I backed up my old ipad to the computer. I then restored that back-up to my new ipad (from the same computer). The icloud drive id was from an old account. I was able to get that account reset with a pw (from the apple site) but when I try to log-on with those credentials to the account on the ipad. It will not accept that pw yet the icloud site and apple sites both do and allow me access. The problem as I have stated is the inability of the ipad to accept the very same pw that allows me access when I go to the websites of apple and icloud.
OK but if you already restored your data to the new iPad then why did you say " I want the data from the old ipad to be on the new ipad. If I back up the old ipad and put it on my new ipad, I still have the same problem. "? Are you saying you can't sign in on the new iPad now either? Sorry I am confused which iPad are you having the problem with, I thought it was the old one?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mike, we are going back and forth here. My problem is I have an account that I cannot access on my ipad, yet I can access it directly with iclod or apple. That is the problem and that is the issue. How do I correct that problem?
I'm sorry I don't understand... I told you to do a Restore using the computer and set it up as new iPad if you want to sell it, but you said, "I want the data from the old ipad to be on the new ipad. If I back up the old ipad and put it on my new ipad, I still have the same problem." But then you told me "I then restored that back-up to my new ipad (from the same computer)." So if the new iPad already is set up why can't you do the Restore on the old one?
Don't bother answering I will opt out... Bad day I guess,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1st and last time I use the service. Not impressed
I'm sorry I thought another expert would help you by now. Can you explain to me which iPad you can't change the iCloud account on, the old one or new one? Or both? Also when you are trying to do this are you sure the iPad is connected to the Internet? Open Safari and see if you can browse.
Mike, Mac Medic