Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Mac osx 10.6.8 will not boot up-spinner under the mac icon

Customer Question

mac osx 10.6.8 will not boot up-spinner under the mac icon freezes. Tried booting from backup external drive but same thing happens after I select the external drive.
JA: Fortunately, the wizards we work with know Apple products inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: mac osx 10.6.8 will not boot up-spinner under the mac icon freezes. Tried booting from backup external drive but same thing happens after I select the external drive.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Is that an iMac?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
If that is an iMac: Put your Snow Leopard install disk in the DVD drive. 1. Shut down the computer. 2. Unplug the computer's power cord. 3. Wait fifteen seconds. 4. Attach the computer's power cord. 5. Wait five seconds, then press the power button to turn on the computer. 6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears. 7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts again at least twice. 8. Release the keys and immediately hold the C key to boot from the disk. Let me know when you get to that point...
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?