Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I have used MS Word Mac years. Last week while

Customer Question

I have used MS Word for the Mac for many years. Last week while in MS Word I received a notification there was an update for MS Office 11. I accepted the prompt, but the either the download or the installation stopped at about 90% completion. I waited about 20 minutes for it to complete (the screen message said only one minuted remained before completion), then force quit. Tried downloading again with the same result. Decided to delete MS Office from my late 2015 iMac, and reinstall from original DVD/CD. Program won't install because it says I have exceeded my family downloads. My wife and I each have a Mac portable and an iMac. We have bought newer versions of the old Macs from time to time, but have never used MS Office on more than four Macs. How can I get MS Office re-installed?
Tks -- Grant A Jacobsen, Salt Lake City, UT***@******.***
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome GrantYou need to have Microsoft reset the installation counter on the server, then you can install it again.To do this, make sure you have the disk with you and call(###) ###-####hey will reset the licence and once done, you can then install again.If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you