Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have a 6.6.1 Keynote document which will not open. I get

Customer Question
I have a 6.6.1 Keynote...
I have a 6.6.1 Keynote document which will not open. I get an error message which says...
Slides copy.key can't be opened for some reason.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
4/25/2016
Mac Support Specialist: michelleclive, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Hardware Engineer
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.Keynote is installed on a computer or on a tablet?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On a 27 inch iMac
Quit Keynote completely and make sure its closed. Shut down your mac and wiat for 2 to 3 min and then power it back on.Have you installed Keynote from a disk or installed it from a downloaded version?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It came as part of an OS X installation
did you try the steps i gave to reboot your mac and then run the keynote?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK - Sorry about delay. Computer took awhile to restart. Keynote is closed.
Not a problem please open Keynote and let me know if you still get any error and if yes let me know the exact error message and the code you you get any.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm just getting a spinning wheel. May take a minute.
okay
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My system is going crazy which is I think being caused by its interaction with yours. So let's just end this session, you charge me the $42 and I'll call it a dead loss. James
Not a problem there must be a problem with Keynote that is why you are not getting it up in running.Try to remove keynote completely from the computer and reboot it after the removal.Download and install a new copy from itunes from the link given below.Let me know how it goes. https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/keynote/id409183694?mt=12
Mike, Mac Medic