Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My apple tv won't turn on

Customer Question
My apple tv won't turn on
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
4/25/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Terry White II,
 replied 1 year ago
Terry White II
Hello, thank you for asking your question! My name is ***** ***** I'm a Technical Support Specialist of 15+ years experience as a cross-platform (Mac/PC) Specialist. Glad to assist you with your question today. Can you provide me an idea of when you first experienced this issue with your Apple TV not turning on and a brief detail of what you have already attempted to resolve this power issue?Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It first happened yesterday. I thought it was the battery in the remote so I replaced the battery. When point the remote towards the Apple TV box the light still won't come on and I'm not able to get on my apple tv
Mac Support Specialist: Terry White II,
 replied 1 year ago
Thanks for your response Paul, appreciate that information.Let's try a few steps:1.) Remove all cables from the AppleTV2.) Once you have done this, connect the Micro USB to your Apple TV and the USB port into your computer.3.) Now open iTunes with your computer and tell me if you can see the Apple TV icon in iTunes.
Mac Support Specialist: Terry White II,
 replied 1 year ago
Make sure also of course that your power cord is connected in order to see if the Apple TV powers on.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im sorry but I am not able to connect to the micro and usb into my computer.
Mac Support Specialist: Terry White II,
 replied 1 year ago
No computer to access if I may ask? I inquire only because there are ways with iTunes installed on a computer and connecting the Apple TV to that computer which may help us to possibly restore your Apple TV-- if the computer with the Apple TV connected and is able to discover the Apple TV. If it does not, then that gives me a better idea of what this issue could be.While you are taking time to answer me back regarding this inquiry, I am beginning to think as well, that this power issue may also be due to your Apple TV power cord. What I suggest you try, if you have not already done so Paul, is to take your Apple TV with the power cord and try connecting the cord into different outlets, to determine if your Apple TV LED powers on. If that does not work, then you may have a bad power cord.Update me when you can.Thanks
Mac Support Specialist: Terry White II,
 replied 1 year ago
Hello, Just sending this post to you to remind you that your question is still a priority for me to answer for you.I have not received a recent update from you at the present. Therefore, I wanted to assure you I am waiting for a reply from you, so we can either continue working on this issue or you confirm that the last processes provided worked and the issue has been resolved.Thank you. I look forward to corresponding with you again, once you are back online with JustAnswer.com. Regards,-Terry
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Terry, I got it working once i checked the connections. It looks like it's working now. If i need anything else from you guys i will let you know.
Mac Support Specialist: Terry White II,
 replied 1 year ago
Great to read Paul! I had a feeling the issue may have been resolvable, especially considering the Apple TV does not have a lot of moving parts. Thanks for the update!
Mac Support Specialist: Terry White II,
 replied 1 year ago
Have I helped to resolve your question? If there any steps that I have provided are not clear or you need more clarity about for your benefit, please let me know. It is my sincere intent to provide superior, user-friendly support to you as a valued customer, so please feel free to let me know if I can be of futher service on this issue. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com it has been a pleasure to serve you! Best Regards, Terry
Mac Support Specialist: Terry White II,
 replied 1 year ago
It is my sincere intent to provide superior, user-friendly support to you as a valued customer, so please feel free to let me know if I can be of further service on this issue. Do you require any additional assistance?If not, I would be very grateful to have you Accept my answer and provide feedback, so we may close this post are a result of your issue being successfully resolved.Thank you again for allowing me to assist you! Respectfully,Terry ("TheMacTechTrainer")
Mac Support Specialist: Terry White II,
 replied 1 year ago
*
Terry White II
Terry White II
Terry White II