Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I can not access my iPad Air because I do not remember my Passcode

Customer Question
as to when my iPad...
I can not access my iPad Air because I do not remember my Passcode as to when my iPad restarts. HELP !
Paul E. Jackowski
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/21/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Unfortunately there is NO way to retrieve that passcode or get back to your iPad without the passcode (without erasing it). Your only option is erase the iPad from iCloud or force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode screen and get it restored) But if you had backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account. Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode. First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.Open iTunes application on your computer.On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.Click OK or Restore Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it. Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPad (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining) Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.
Ashik, Mac Technician