Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a ipad Air, forgot the log in when I set it up, tried

Customer Question

I have a ipad Air, forgot the log in when I set it up, tried what the instructions said, now it is locked says I have to have a Apple representative to reset it back to factory settings...Is there nothing I can do myself to reset it...
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: we have changed the password ***** like forty times to try and reset it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. Have you previously backed up your ipad with iCloud or with iTunes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
If you have never backed up your ipad with either itunes or icloud, I can help you to reset the device to factory but you will lose any photos and other data on it. We will need to hook it via the charging cable to a computer that has iTunes loaded on it. I can then remotely your connect to your computer if you like and take it from there, working on it while you watch. Or if you prefer, I can provide detailed instructions for you to perform the reset.