Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Google gmail and Google DocsI have an Apple MAC. Safari is

Customer Question
ok, but I HATE GMAIL...
Google gmail and Google DocsI have an Apple MAC. Safari is ok, but I HATE GMAIL and GOOGLE DOCS.I want an email system that does not automatically create chains of emails. I want to see them all separately. Reply separate from original email. on and on. I also hate Google Docs, but is that because I have a MAC? It is a pain to get things in and out of. I work in WORD and getting a PDF into Word - and then saved outside Google Docs in Word - takes up too much time and I never wanted google docs anyway.Where am I going wrong with my MAC and Google? Are there email systems out there that give me what I want, and I could easily switch over?Out of time and patience. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
4/14/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.Your description of how you want to use Google Mail is exactly how it is setup. If someone sends you three emails from within the same email thread, you will see all three of the responses as individual emails. When you say that you want to "Reply Separate From Original Email", what exactly do you mean? I don't understand that part. As far as Google Docs go, you can just use Google Drive instead. This will allow you to bypass Google Docs and all the problems it is giving you. In other words, you can just save the Word, PDF, etc documents to your Google Drive and be able to access them anywhere. If you wish, I can remote into your system so that I can better explain and show you how all of this works. I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.I will be standing by,Jason If you wish to work with me in the future for new problems, you can request to work with me either by posting the question on my profile page or by prefacing your question with, "For ***** ***** Only!"
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
YOU SAID: "If someone sends you three emails from within the same email thread, you will see all three of the responses as individual emails."Actually, when three have been linked, my OWN email reply(ies) show in the INBOX, where I do not want them. I want my replies and my own originating emails to show only IN SENT. Each separated from everyother email, in SENT. I want no 'conversations.' I want every to stand alone and separate. One reason is, when I get an email with an attachhment and Gmail links it with my response, I lose the original attachment forever.I have turned off the "conversation" option in Settings.
That is how all email systems work. When you reply to a message and want to keep the attachment, you must click the box that says include attachments. YOUR email is in the Sent folder as well.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, let me go try this. Will reply.
Thank you. I look forward to your response.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, maybe my problem with attachments occurs only on my IPad.WHEN USING MY IPAD:
Here is what happens I get an email with an attachment, I "reply", and the attachment disappears and is completely gone from my email system forever. When drafting the reply I do not see a box that says "include attachments." Where would this box appear?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
IMHO deleting the attachment from the record means the record has become inaccurate.
I don't understand how your last message regarding deleting the attachment is connected to what we were talking about. If you are not allowed to include attachments, then you must first download and save the attachment. Once you reply, you can re-attach the saved attachment.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's what is wrong with the system. I should be able to use [the original email with its attachments] as a fixed base, and when I reply or forward it the original attachments should be included. Why should I have to save and search and re-attach? The attachments belong to the original email, they are part of it.I will now check my MAC. Back soon.
Thank you
Jason Jones, Mac Technician