Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Mac BooK about one year of age: MaC OS 10.9.5 JA: Would

Customer Question

Mac BooK about one year of age: MaC OS 10.9.5
JA: Would you mind explaining that?
Customer: No, I had trouble with email I click on retort and cannot get to restart after that. I have the start up
JA: Apple makes such lovely gadgets but they're still computers underneath. That's where the Mac Technician comes in really handy. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: After putting in my password ***** startup process
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mac Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: will go to the Apple Icon page and no further.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
1. Shut down the computer by holding the power button for 10 seconds. 2. Plug in the power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected. 3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time. 4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time. 5. Press the power button to turn on the computer. 6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears. 7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts again at least twice. 8. Release the keys and immediately after you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Shift key. Release the Shift key when you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. If you get to the login screen login then restart the normal way. Let me know