Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am running PS version 12.0 x 64 (2010) on MAC OS 10.10.3

Customer Question

I am running PS version 12.0 x 64 (2010) on MAC OS 10.10.3 Yosemite. The program has been consistently quitting when I try to print from Photoshop and also Finder. Can you help me?
Printer is HP 5660 printer scanner.
Thanks,
ED
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Let's check some things before we begin:Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. If you can't get to that menu just hold the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down. Then start it up again holding those keys. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go.When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Mike,
Instructions you provided are complete. Disk repaired. Now what? ED
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please advise
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I can help you by remote if you wish? Did you see the offer?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Did the drive need repair or was it just the permissions that needed repair that is an important distinction.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there , Mike?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes aren't you getting my replies?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
There is a whole list of things I need to do which will be faster by remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem still persists, Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm at(###) ###-####**@******.***
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Are you getting my replies ?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Please reply here I can give you instructions if you don't want me to remote connect but it is a little complicated... let me know