Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I need help. When I send a message through hotmail to a group

Customer Question
I get a message that...
I need help. When I send a message through hotmail to a group I get a message that it hasn't been sent because I have used my daily limit and the e-mail is saved in my drafts. I have sent no individual messages but my friend group has probably 100 addresses. What can I do. I have been sending my group messages the same way for several years and never had a problem. Please call *** *** *** if possible to help or explain over the phone since I am no highly computer savvy. If not, please give me a number I can call if I cannot fix my problem with the info. you send me but I will try.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
4/4/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 1 year ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes, but I don't know how to do that. Why do I keep seeing charges? If you call me, I think it would help. These charges make me question this. I have already paid some money to connect with you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please explain. I don't mean to sound difficult, but I hope this is a quick fix. The problem just started.
accept offer and I'll give you a link to connect me
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not paying any more money for support. I hesitated paying at first and giving my card number. I guess this is a money making process more than customer support. How do I either get my answer without remote support or get a refund?
I'll see if someone else has encountered this and can provide a quick answer. Without looking at the message I'm not sure where to start.
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Hi there and welcomethis can be set by Microsoft if they suspect you of spamming people. It is not always correct if they assume this but they would then put a sending limit on your account which will normally last 24 hours. Are you now able to email these people?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Richard, that is such a wonderful reply! I will check again and try to send an e-mail now. Thanks!
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just tried again and I got the same message with a red triangle and an exclamation mark in the center. I says it is not sent and sent to my drafts.
Are you doing this via your web browser?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I type www.hotmail.com and outlook pulls up my hotmail emails and I send a new message and BCC my group. This is how I have always done it. I really appreciate your help and am so excited! Why can't you call me while I send one OR why can't I give you my information over the phone so you can try to send an email? Just wondering.
Its an extra service so they have an extra cost with this sorry.But which web browser do you use? Internet Explorer?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I feel so stupid...I guess it is safari on my apple computer. I used explorer on my dell.
ok, are you doing this on the apple computer or dell?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I only have an apple computer now. The other one was my school computer and I retired last year and bought an apple. This is the same computer I have been sending the group email through for the last year and never had a problem.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a new limit on the number of addresses in a group that can be sent? I have added very few and deleted more than i've added.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I babysit my one year old granddaughter so I am only able to concentrate on fixing this while she sleeps a few hours so if I stop replying, you know she has woken up. lol
yes there is also a limit, try emailing just one address as a test, can you?limits are as followsHotmail Send Limits: 100 messages / connectionHotmail Send Rate: 100 people / dayHotmail Attachment Size Limit: 25MBHotmail Restriction Expiry Method: N/AThe Hotmail limit for outgoing email messages is 100 messages per day. However, it is not a fixed number!The limit also depends on your reputation within Hotmail. The system needs a few days to build your reputation. So, there are stricter limitations on new accounts or accounts that have engaged in activity representative of abusers sending spam. As you develop a reputation for not sending junk e-mail, Hotmail increases the number of recipients that you can send messages to.If you are a new free user, you might be limited to a lower limit compared to an older account which is a temporary restriction and is upgraded to the maximum recipients limit as soon as the user establishes credibility in the system.You can verify your account with a mobile number (only available in limited markets at this time): http://g.live.com/1rewlive4tup/tupp to increase the limit immediately. Please note that the SMS validation will increase the limit only if you are hitting a lower limit compared to a regular free user. If you already have the maximum limit of a free account, SMS validation will not help in increasing the limit.Or, you can upgrade to Hotmail Plus or MSN Premium, both of which are paid accounts, to enjoy a higher sending limit.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the difference between 100 messages/connection and 100 messages/day? I remember getting a request to add a phone number and I never did. Do you think that is the problem?
Nothing, they are both the same.Just test if you can email 1 person please.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes I can e-mail one person easily and also a selected group of several. At least 10. I also just added my phone number and got the code on my phone and entered that! Maybe that will increase my number. You think?
It should not effect it, I think your sending to more then 100 people in one message, I think this is the issue for you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It didn't help because I got the same message. That reply is correct I am but I have been for a year or more. So what can I do? That was my original question. How can I increase the number of recipients?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That wasn't exactly how I asked it because I didn't think that was the problem but I wondered if there were a limit not by day but by group.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not send spam...I have just three groups - one for teachers, one for farmers market vendors and one for farmers market people.
You cannot, that;s what I indicated in my message to you, you will need to send to smaller groups, or purchase MSN Premium as I explained before, and can do so herehttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/ad-free-outlookthe do not show the limits for this, only that they increase them
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So is it $19.95 per year?
correct, the explain the package there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you find out the limit on the MSN Premium for me? What is the difference between MSN Premium and Hotmail Plus?
They do not publish this, they only say its higher
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess I am ready to upgrade to one of them that you think is best and if that works fill out your rating! 5 stars!
They are both the same service.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will purchase and see what happens and let you know. Thanks!
your welcome!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just purchased! I will give it a while and try again to send an email to the group. The I will complete the rating. I will be charged $20.00 and then need to cancel the monthly fee because I have never used this before and it said the MSN upgrade has free technical support. How do I cancel?
No problem at all, you can email customer service for this on***@******.*** youRichard
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just tried to send an email but no luck. Same message. I have faith that it will work in a while! I did get the bill and reply though.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I called their number and they told me to wait 24 hours and try again.
ok, noe you have access to their technical support to see why they are blocking it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am getting ready t try again in a few minutes.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No luck....GRRRRRR....
Then you still exceeding the limits, so as I indicated before, make the groups smaller.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I still cannot send to that group so I was told to rebuild it. Also, I was told to wait more time for it to migrate. The interface is changing they say. I really don't understand that but I have no choice but to wait. While I do, I am rebuilding the group. What a task going person by person and picking them out - I know I'll miss some since they are not all people I know.
yes you need to use smaller groups
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Then why did I buy the upgrade?
I gave you too options, and that's the one you choose.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But it hasn't worked so far. I will wait.
ok
Richard, Apple Software Engineer