Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do you unlock an iCloud? I am going to buy an iCloud locked…

Customer Question
How do you unlock an...
How do you unlock an iCloud? I am going to buy an iCloud locked iPad Air 2 which is I cloud locked
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2016
Mac Support Specialist: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 2 years ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.There are two ways of unlocking an iCloud protected Apple device (applies to iPad Air 2 as well): 1. Signing into the iCloud account and removing the iCloud protection lockThe original owner can remove the device from his/her iCloud account by signing to the iCloud management web page:https://www.icloud.com Once the device has been removed from the "Devices" list, it won't ask to enter the iCloud / Apple ID and the password ***** resetting or updating. Another iCloud / Apple ID can then be easily entered. 2. Entering the iCloud account informationThe original owner can tell you his/her iCloud account information so that you can unlock the device upon resetting or updating. Once you have entered the current iCloud account information the device has been locked to, you can change to another iCloud account (yours). So, if you are planning to buy an iCloud locked iPad Air 2, make sure that one of the ways mentioned here is followed. Without the original owner, there is NO WAY to forcefully un-lock any iCloud locked Apple device. Going to an Apple store or searching for solutions on-line won't help since the current iCloud protection hasn't been broken, and most likely won't be broken any time soon. My advice is to confirm with the owner that the device is really unlocked, or better, go to the original owner and let him/her unlock the device while you are there. Let me know if you have any questions. Regards,IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist