Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

This is urgent. Right after I went from an Apple website to…

Customer Question
This is urgent. Right after...
This is urgent. Right after I went from an Apple website to Google. I recEived an"error522.net telling me to call(###) ###-####Asa- or risk all my financial data,etc. Long story short looked like a scam and w/in 2 minutes of making a charge for 1Password ***** was refused, and received a fraud alert from the Ccaed co. I
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. That is indeed a SCAM message. Don't do what they say. Macs are vulnerable to viruses out there. No legitimate company will send you those kind of messages. Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit window. Select Safari and click Force Quit. This will close Safari. Then hold down Shift key on your keyboard and open Safari. Click on Safari menu and select Clear History and Website Data. On the dropdown next to Clear, select All History and click Clear History.(If you see Reset Safari instead, click it and Reset Safari)That will remove it. If you have any difficulty on following the steps above or if you are unable to remove it, please reply in here and I will continue to help you. Please let me know how it goes.