Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I recently (6 weeks ago) purchased a personal iPhone 6s to

Customer Question

i recently (6 weeks ago) purchased a personal iPhone 6s to replace my former company issued iPhone. When moving existing data/contacts to my new phone from the old one, somehow the apple ID remained the same. Now, the new phone won't accept the old password ***** ID from what I can tell. How can I get a new ID and password ***** this phone.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

This is a tricky situation.....as you want all the information form your OLD Apple ID, but not the Apple ID itself.

.

Which means, you will have to move all that contact information MANUALLY!

.

Apple doesnt like the fact that you are pulling data from an Apple ID, that you are not going to use. Its a security issue... i guess.

.

But, the only option you have in a situation like this....is to reset the iPhone back to factory.....basically wiping all the data.

Then use the Apple ID that you want (whether you have to create a new one or whatever) and then MANUALLY enter in the contact information.

You could import from a cloud drive, like Gdrive.....but this can be difficult as well.

.

It may be painstakingly long to do it this way.....but its the only way to ENSURE you are using the Apple ID you want.....along with the personal information from your OLD Apple ID.

.

I wish there was an easier way......but.....thats Apple for ya.

.

Questions?

.

Let me first make sure i understand what you are trying to accomplish.

.

YOu have a VPN tunnel, that you want to REMAIN open 24/7, so as not to RE-register the connection after the tunnel closes.

.

if that is correct......we now need to figure out how to change the sleep settings on the VPN tunnel manager.

.

So....who manages the VPN tunnel? Is it your own hardware.....or is this a leased VPN line?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why was that not explained to me in the first place? This is BS and $30 for an answer with no real solution is a scam. It appears I will still need to visit an apple store to complete this BS process, correct?

Sorry, the part about the VPN tunel, was not meant for you......it was mistakenly put in here, and i cant edit it.......website is restrictive.

YOur teying to use Apple ID's, and the information contained within them, in a manner that they are designed to be used in.

Its like asking how do i drive my car sideways......Well, the car is not MEANT to do that.....but it is possible, with some modifications

And the car company is SURELy not going tohelp you, because you are using their product in a manner they do not endorse.

.

So......My suggestion here, is to return to an Apple store, and explain to them your situation, and see if THEY will do this task for you.

But its been my experience, that they will not.

So...best of luck.

There is no charge if you DO NOT ACCEPT my answer.

So at this point, you have only giuven a deposit....whihc will be returned to you.....once you speak with customer support for this site.

Heres the number:

(###) ###-####/p>
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Either way, I am not satisfied with answer regarding my original question. Perhaps you should try fixing one problem before taking on another.

Okay, i will opt out.....best of luck to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Marvelous. So, I have an expensive phone that I cannot download anything without wiping out all my contacts. When I changed phones, i lost most of it. Now, all? Wow. What an apple deal.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Do you still have your old phone?