Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have used my daughter's apple 5 a year with no problems.

Customer Question
I have used my daughter's...
I have used my daughter's apple 5 for over a year with no problems. This morning it asked to do an update and I agreed; It now says I need an apple Id and password ***** activate. My daughter says it is not under her Id, and I really do not remember mine. My name is***** and my cell number is(###) ###-#### ***** do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Please, follow the instructions below to solve your problem:
- Click the following link: http://iforgot.apple.com/
- If you remember your Apple ID, enter it on the site and click Next. If you do not, click the "Forgot your Apple ID" link.
- Fill out all of the requested information on the resulting screens and continue.
Once all of the information is sent out, you will be given your Apple ID and be given the option to reset your password.

After updating, you may have an issue signing into your iCloud account. Please, follow the instructions below to solve your problem.
Tap Skip This Step and complete the steps in the Setup Assistant.
Tap Settings > iCloud.
Scroll down and tap Sign Out. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account.
Enter your previous Apple ID and password ***** confirm that you want to sign out.
After you sign out, you can sign in to iCloud with your current Apple ID.
If you do need to reset your password, you can do so by following the instructions at the following page: http://iforgot.apple.com

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)
Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
Thank you again,
- Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Jason Jones, Mac Technician