Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Downloaded recent update and now I can no finish activation

Customer Question
because it will not accept...
Downloaded recent update and now I can no finish activation because it will not accept my apple id and password.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
3/24/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist

Hi

Sorry to hear about your issue :(

What I understand is that the same ID and password ***** for icloud, correct?

Let's try a reset of the device first. Hold down the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

Now use the ID and password.

Let me know.

Thank You

Vinod

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I still get incorrect apple ID or password

Can you try resetting the password ***** your apple ID and then using that to validate?

Here's the website to reset the password

https://iforgot.apple.com/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just did that and not it says that my iPad could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your Ipad to Itunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes. So I tried to connect to itunes and it asked for my Apple ID and Password. Just entered the info and now I am told that***@******.*** can not be used to unlock this iPad! GRRRR.......

:(

Is that the same ID that you use for icloud? When your ipad asks for the apple ID and password, does it show any part of the email so that it can be identified? For instance, something like a*****@gmail.com?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought they were the same.....

Can you try going to the following website and try logging in with the same ID and password?

www.icloud.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can log into Icloud with that user ID

:(

I can see that many people are having the same issue after the current update.

Since it is saying the activation server is not available, it could be a case of traffic in the network. I would suggest you to try after sometime.

Additionally, I would also suggest you to contact apple care 1-800-2752273 between 8am and 8pm CST.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I still get charged $40 and still don't have my Ipad working?

I understand your concern. You are not charged until you rate my service. So I would suggest you not to rate my service and ask our customer service for a refund.

Unfortunately, you are one among many suffering from this problem after the update. So obviously a bug with Apple.

I guess they might come up with another update soon.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I ask for a refund?

you can either write to***@******.*** or call 1-***-***-****

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok...thanks

you are welcome :)

Vinod Menon, Support Specialist