Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Migration assistant used from old MacBook Pro to new mac air

Customer Question

Migration assistant used from old MacBook Pro to new mac air over wifi. Stuck with less than 1 min remaining. Suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If it is stuck and not responding, then you have to force turn off the Mac. Press and hold down the Power button for 5-10 seconds and it will turn off. Then turn it back on normally.

Are all the files transferred ? If not, then you have to start the process again. It is normal get stuck during the process. Also transfer through WiFi will be slower. If your Macbook Pro has thunderbolt port, then I'd recommend to buy a Thunderbolt cable and use it to transfer as it will only take less than an hour to transfer them to your new Mac

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at all helpful. Bought the cable and same issue.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. What is the total space of your Macbook Pro and Macbook Air ?