Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  if you looking for good answers about mac or any product of apple (ipad, iphones, ect..) contact me
76221641

MY MAC PRO 15" LAPTOP IS NOT CHARGING. THE CHARGER IS O.K.

Customer Question

MY MAC PRO 15" LAPTOP IS NOT CHARGING. THE CHARGER IS O.K. CAN I FIX MYSELF?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for your question, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Have you tried using a different wall socket, changing battery or charger ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried different wall socket and different charger. Still will not charge.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Please try to follow the steps below and check :

1-Check the MagSafe connection on your Apple laptop for dust. This can prevent the MagSafe connector from making a clean connection to the Mac and stop you from charging it up correctly.

2-Reset the battery : If you have an older Apple laptop with a removable battery you should remove it and re-insert it to make sure it's properly installed.

3-Check the settings : Open up System Preferences and choosing Settings > Energy Saver. Check that the Computer Sleep and Display Sleep sliders are not all the way to the right (set to Never). If they are, click the Default button to reset them.

4-Click the battery icon in the Menu bar. If it says Service Battery you may need to get a new battery. In this case your MacBook should still work, but the battery has started to age and will no longer hold the charge that it once did.

5-Reset the SMC, please follow the steps at this link : https://support.apple.com/en-mz/HT201295

6-If changing the battery and resetting the SMC doesn't work, then your mac is having a hardware issue you need take the Mac to your local Apple Store for repair.

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

If you have a moment kindly rate my service, if you need further assistance please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

If you have a moment kindly rate my answer, positive rating are appreciated, if you need further assistance please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help

Note : Only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service, if you are not satisfied. if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.

Thank you