Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am trying to set up my new i pad air. I am on a screen

Customer Question
I am trying to set...
I am trying to set up my new i pad air. I am on a screen APPLE ID. I have typed in the box Apple ID and the box password. When a touch next it says verification failed. I have just set my Apple ID and Password, so how can the verification have failed.
Darrell Brownawell
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
3/17/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

On the iPad can you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.

Let the iPad restart and tell me if it now lets you proceed please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I held the power button for 30 secs. First the Ipad went back to the hello screen and then went black. I never got the Apple logo. When I took my finger off I got the Apple ID screen. I tried to use my fingerprint as password ***** nothing happened so I typed in by password ***** hit next. The screen said verification failed.
Darrell

ok, you only held the power button, I needed you please Darrel to On the iPad can you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I held the power and home button and got the Apple logo. I then went through the screens as before and got the same verification failed message.Darrell

can you sign into your account here?

wwww.icloud.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do I do for you to enter my Ipad?Darrell

Nothing... I am not asking that, I am asking please for you to tell me if you can go to www.icloud.com and sign in there

Richard, Apple Software Engineer