Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhoto does not launch anymore. It opens and immediately…

Customer Question
My iPhoto does not launch...
My iPhoto does not launch anymore. It opens and immediately closes with no error message. I tried restarting the computer with no luck.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are two reasons for this problem. Either the iPhoto application is corrupted or it is the iPhoto Library that has corrupted. First we can rebuild your iPhoto Library and see if that works or not.

Close iPhoto if it is open. Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard and open iPhoto. Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library. A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select all the options/checkboxes Click Rebuild. This may take a few minutes to complete.

After rebuilding, iPhoto will open.

If it is still quitting after rebuilding, then we have to rebuild the iPhoto library using a third party application named iPhoto Library Manager. Download and install it from here (use the trial version) : http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/

Open iPhoto Library Manager. Select your iPhoto Library, click on Library menu in the top and select Rebuild Library. This will verify the library. Then click the Rebuild button on the right.

After rebuilding, open iPhoto.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?