Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Using FCP 6.0.5 Video and two audio tracks have become

Customer Question
Using FCP 6.0.5 Video and two...
Using FCP 6.0.5
Video and two audio tracks have become un-linked. Not only in my current project but in ALL FCP projects. Have tried Command L several times - no go.
Also the "link" button top right corner of timeline does not appear.
It's an old FCP for sure but has worked perfectly until this problem today.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks,
Tel(###) ###-####
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
3/8/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

This may be from an update to your operating system. You are correct about this being an older version. Have you considered upgrading to a more recent version and then trying to re-link?

Also, were the original files moved outside of FCP, or were they on an external storage location? This can lead to the problem you describe.

Michael,
The operating system in my Mac Pro at time of purchase (2008) was OSX 10.5.2
Recently up-graded to OSX 10.6.8 so that a new memory card reader would communicate with my Mac.
Video source from memory card reader - footage shot HD 16 x 9 1080i AVCHD.
Did log and transfer from reader into FCP - no problem. All clips onto timeline and edited OK until video/audio link problem.
Would a brief phone chat be useful before going further?

You can request a phone call from your side. If you do that, you should receive a call back rather quickly.