Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I am using the blue chart mobile app on my iPad Air with iOS

Customer Question

Hello. I am using the blue chart mobile app on my iPad Air with iOS 9.2. The app works fine but no matter what direction I face the iPad, the app shows north in the same position. I can use google maps and the iPad shows me moving orientation as I rotate, but the blue chart mobile app does not. Can you offer any suggestions? I am currently connected to wifi too.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Just checking.....but is the GPS antenna turned ON?

This is called Location Services, which turns on the GPS antenna.

The Blue Chart App, uses GPS to know its position.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just verified under privacy, location services is on and also verified that the blue chart mobile app is set to use location services

SOunds like a glitch in the App then.

.

You could try to delet it, and then redownload and reinstall it.

But you may have already done that.

.

Other than that, Apple products dont leave much room this kind of troubleshooting.

The problem is with the App (most likely) and theres nothing you can do to change it. However, you CAN go the app store where you download it, and check if OTHER users are posting the same issues, and then YOU post the issue you are having.

It might take awhile but they will issue an update, or a software revision, or patch for the app.

.

If an App doesnt work, there is really not much you can do. Its how Apple wants it. Just the way it is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have 2 iPads that both have the app on them and have the most current iOS on them. My other iPad (gen 4) rotates the chart in the app as I turn, but the iPad Air will not. Tapping the head up button turns the map about 1/2" even though I have turned 180 degrees. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app and redownloaded the charts

OKay, sounds like the iPad Air, is the culprit, and its VERY difficult to if not impossible to determine the issue unless you do some DEBUGGING in a software app developper.

here is the contact info for Bluechart Mobile

Monday–Thursday: 8 AM–6 PM, Friday 8 AM–5 PM Central Time (closed holidays)

U.S.:(###) ###-####br />U.S. toll-free: 1-***-***-****
Canada: 1-***-***-****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cool, thanks for the contact info. I'll try them tomorrow and see what they suggest. Interesting to see an issue that is device based, but I guess that's what can happen.

Each device requires its own software....sometimes.....and while they are both iPads, they use different hardware....obviously.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again. I submitted an email using the link you provided. I pasted all the notes that I supplied to you, so hopefully that will lead to a response and maybe even an ultimate fix

Yeah, thats the only thign you can really do with an App, on an Apple product.

As i mentioned Apple doesnt want folks messing around in their code, and they keep it LOCKED down, and unchangeable for a reason....not sure WHAT that reaosn is yet.....but i guess its working, they are the wealthiest company in the world.

.

Please have a moment to rate my performance. Thank you!