Mac

Connect one-on-one with a verified mac support specialist who will answer your question

Mike, Mac Medic

More related answers
All mac support specialists are VERIFIED
I have been warned that there are a couple of files that are
Ashik, Master's Degree
i have been warned that there are a couple of files that are corrupt on my computer. What can I do? … read more
Yesterday I downloaded an upgrade of adobe reader and
Ashik, Master's Degree
yesterday I downloaded an upgrade of adobe reader and something called mega backup appeared. I have not been able to trash it … read more
I keep getting a message saying my Apple ID has been
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Owner
I keep getting a message saying my Apple ID has been disabled when I try and download the Google app, even though I have been through the process of choosing new passwords, etc. … read more
Richard, after the last update to Yosemite, I'm having
Richard, IT Manager
Hi Richard, after the last update to Yosemite, I'm having issues that none of my emails or any writing area (messages, etc.) doesn't pick up Spanish language as I use it often in my communications. Th… read more
I have the strangest problem. On my mac mini, on my iPad, and
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Bachelor's Degree
I have the strangest problem. On my mac mini, on my iPad, and my iPhone in the last couple of days they have begun replacing every time I type the word "the" it replaces it with the "cc." Driving me c… read more
Starting recently—on several apps—some words that I type are
Mike, Mac Medic
Starting recently—on several apps—some words that I type are automatically transformed into Spanish. Sometimes I have to trick the app into accepting the English words. Maverick? How can I stop this?… read more
Hey Carl, I have another hardware issue, yesterday, I bought
Mike, Mac Medic
Hey Carl, I have another hardware issue, yesterday, I bought a tape to mp3 converter by the name of JYK Recorder and, I it won't even let me install it to the Mac OS X 10.8. So, once again, I need you… read more
I have a Mac Mini. I have had a few years. I would like to
Michelle
Michelle, Software Engineer
I have a Mac Mini. I have had a few years. I would like to add spell check and grammer check to my computer.… read more
On e-mails, etc.: How do I stop some of my words in English
Tom
Tom, 3 years college
On e-mails, etc.: How do I stop some of my words in English being transformes into Spanish?… read more
I am using a mac book pro and the applications Pages. When
Mike, Mac Medic
I am using a mac book pro and the applications Pages. When I write words they often change. For instance : monkey becomes monkea. I can write it over and over and the same thing happens. I often conti… read more
How can I change spell check entries so as to accept English
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Systems Administrator
How can I change spell check entries so as to accept English Envlis? For example, I want Pages to regard "colour" as correct, not "color"… read more
Word is crashing when I try to use Italian language spelling
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Systems Administrator
Word is crashing when I try to use Italian language spelling check. It used to work fine in Word 2004 and Word 2008 on a G5 Mac, but I have just clean installed Word 2008 on a new Intel iMac and the I… read more
Hi! I have a MAC BOOK PRO and I use THUNDERBIRD as my e-postklient.
Mike, Mac Medic
Hi! I have a MAC BOOK PRO and I use THUNDERBIRD as my e-postklient. I tried many times to load down engl. dictionary,so I can korrekt when I write a e-mail. It seems to be impossible, I get always the… read more
For years I have benefitted from using the spell checker in
Daniel, Mac Genius
For years I have benefitted from using the spell checker in Apple Works. Two weeks ago when I pulled down the EDIT scroll and selected WRITING TOOLS, and then selected CHECK DOCUMENT SPELLING, I got a… read more
I want to clean out the miss spelled words in my Appleworks
Daniel, Mac Genius
I want to clean out the miss spelled words in my Appleworks dictionary. When I go to Edit then Writing tools and edit dictionary, I don't know where to go next?… read more
how do I find the cookies, so I can delete them also how
Mike, Self Employed Macintosh Consultant
how do I find the cookies, so I can delete them? also how do I find the dictionary? I have receisently downloaded snowleopard, is there new books on it?… read more
Re Spell Checker, Mac Word 2004 How do I reactivate the spell
Rob
Rob, Mac Computer Tutor
Re: Spell Checker, Mac Word 2004 How do I reactivate the spell checker for this word processor? I am using iMac (new Aug 07) with OS 10.4.11 The spell checker does not kick in at all. I have the Prefe… read more
In MS Word every time I open a new or existing file I get a
Ashik, Master's Degree
In MS Word every time I open a new or existing file I get a notification: "The custom dictionary "Custom Dictionary" is not available. Both Mac OS X and MS have the latest updates installed. I tried e… read more