Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

How do I debug an iPad or iPhone? I am using safari on iPad

How do I debug an iPad or iPhone? I am using safari on iPad and getting the error "A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded" when loading a webpage I am developing. I need to diagnose the problem to find the cause of the problem. It would be very helpful if there was developers tool, like chrome, on the safari iPad.I do NOT have a mac.

Hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together until you see the Apple Logo. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, now what?

Hi there and welcome

Sorry, the previous expertmis understood and left the conversation.

For this to work you have to have a mac I know you said clearly you did not but I am only telling you the reality of the situation. For you to achieve what you want to do you need a mac

Then

On your device, head to Settings > Safari > Advanced

You’ll find the Web Inspector toggle there.

Once enabled, you’ll need to physically connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac. Yes, this is Mac only at this point. In Safari’s Preferences pane under Advanced, check the Show Develop menu in the menu bar checkbox.

Select the Develop menu, and your iDevice should be a menu option. You should now be able to inspect DOM elements, modify CSS on the fly, and run Javascript commands.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are there any emulator or virtual machines I can use? Is there a website that does this for you, where they have a Mac online?What about jsconsole.com?

Jconsole won't do this for you, or any website, it needs to be a OSX installation. You can use Virtual Box on a windows computer, install an OSX there and do it this was as then you have a virtual Mac computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please give me a link to a virtual box with OSX, thanks

Virtual Box here

OSX I cannot give as it would be illegal. You need a licenced copy eg: From Disk or File to Iso

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FYI - you can use virual max osx at a site like this: virtualmacosx.com

ok thanks, ***** ***** reason why you never rated my service? I am not credited then with helping you on this then and receive nothing. Did you over look this or it was done on purpose?

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience: IT Engineer for over 15 years