Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Unable to delete downloads on my MAC. When I move the item…

Customer Question
Unable to delete downloads...

Unable to delete downloads on my MAC. When I move the item to be downloaded to Trash, the file is not moved to the trash file. I am running OSX10. (El Captain). Have not had this problem before.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

What info can I give you that would help?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
3/2/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Have you tried restart your Mac and deleting them ? Are you getting any errors when you trash them ?

Still the same after restart.
No errors were received.

What is the exact error you are getting when you trash them ?

I want you to boot into Safe Mode and then try to trash from there. Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Shift key on your keyboard for 20 seconds and this will boot into Safe Mode. Then go to Downloads and trash the files from there. If that didn't work, then press Command and delete at same time to trash them.

If it still not working, then download this application --> http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/8214/trash-it!

Then use that application to trash those files. Is it working ?

If it still not working, please let me know by replying in here and we can force remove them

The TrashIt application which you can download from the above link has the ability to force delete any files that can't be deleted in normal ways. Let me know how it goes

There are some issues with your payment, so I couldn't accept your request for remote support.

Were you able to delete that file in Safe Mode ?

I will work out the problem with APPLE. Per discussion with IVY in your billing department today, I cancelled my account and requested reversal of charges for $5.00 and $25.00 that have already been charged to my card. Also, no interest in continuing with the remote tech support. Thanks for your attempts to help me resolve my issues. Just too much confusion and prefer to deal with Apple.

Sorry about the confusion. The charge was safety deposit and fully refundable. I'm happy to continue to help you. This can be fixed easily. This problem usually occurs if the files are being used by some apps or if there is any permission issue. The TrashIt application I sent you can trash any files even if they are being used or if there is any permission related issue.

If you don't want to continue, then it is OK. Please don't rate me bad or poor or anything. You can close this page without rating and please ignore rating requests.

Have a great day,