Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I turned my iPad off. When I turned it on I got the apple…

Customer Question
I turned my iPad off...
I turned my iPad off. When I turned it on I got the apple screen but I cannot get the iPad to come back on. I keep getting a screen that has a line coming up from the bottom with a little retangle attached. Then there is a small arrow above the rectangle pointing to a circle in the middle of the screen that says iTunes. Then it shuts off. Can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/2/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That screen indicates the iOS software of your iPad has corrupted somehow. Do you have access to a computer there ?

No
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Your iTunes is asking you to restore the iPad from iTunes on your computer. We need a computer to fix it. Is there any way to get access to a computer ? Any computer will work

Your iPad is asking you to restore it from iTunes on your computer. We need a computer to fix it. Is there any way to get access to a computer ? Any computer will work

No right now. Can I find one and get back to you

Of course. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me any time you want via this page. I will also post the instructions in here, so when you get access to a computer, you can follow it to fix the problem. If you want, I can also connect to your computer and fix the iPad myself for you while you watch.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode. (DFU means 'Device Firmware Upgrade' mode which is a option of iPad that allows you to restore the software of it from a computer)

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPad (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Will doing this affect the computer that I am using. It will not be my computer

Of course not. It doesn't have to be your own computer. Any computer will work. You can get your friends', neighbour's or any computer (except some company computers with restrictions will not work). All you have to do is, install iTunes on that computer, follow the steps to put it to DFU Mode and iTunes will recognize it and ask you to restore it. After restoring, you can remove iTunes from that computer.

Your iPad is now asking you to connect to the a computer with iTunes application installed.

I think I will let you do it.

I will do it for you, but first you need to get access to a computer. Make sure to take the USB cable of your iPad.

When you get access to a computer, please reply in here.

I will see what I can do. I am 1200 miles from home and do not have a usb can't either. I guess I will buy one and get back to you

USB cable is the cable you use to charge your iPad.

Oh. Okay. See why've need you to do it for me😁

Yes. When you get access to a computer, just post a reply in here and I will get back to you ASAP. One more thing, that computer must have access to internet.

Ok. I will get back to you in a few hours. Thank you

You're most welcome.

Hi Loretta, It's me Ashik again. I'm just checking. How is it going ?

Ashik, Mac Technician