Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

I have to move 2 MAC pro servers and the 4 desktops. What

Customer Question

I have to move 2 MAC pro servers and the 4 desktops. What should I know to logon to shutdown the server for the move? What precautions should I take during shutdown and restart..Im a micrsoft windows guy so I know nothing about MAC server. Is there a SERVER icon on the bottom row of icons? do I click on that then what info is relevant to see/verify operation before / after the move?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

As far as the servers go, you can simply choose to shut them down after you verify that nobody on the network has any of the server files open. In effect, as long as the 4 desktops are shutdown before the servers are, you will be safe. On the servers, click the Apple icon that is located on the top left of the screen, choose Shutdown, and then click the Shutdown button. The move will be rather simple because you don't have to do anything beyond turning them off, moving them, and then turning them back on.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.