Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Mac my 2007 OS X 10.5.8 is stuck constantly

Customer Question
restartingover and over. I cannot...
my Mac my 2007 OS X 10.5.8 is stuck constantly restartingover and over. I cannot get it past the Apple screen any Commands keyboard does not work do not have of 10.6 install t
Disc how do I fix it and would like to start from factory settings
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
3/1/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Power off the Mac please

Then hold SHIFT and with it held down, power it on until you get to the login screen

Can you get to this?

Trying

thanks

For some reason it just comes up to the Apple and it has the spinning loading symbol here the harddrive working that goes nowhere just stays here on the screen if I hold the button when I let go it starts restarting starting again

ok, try this please

Shut down your Mac.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
Turn on your Mac.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
Release the keys.

Tell me if t then starts please

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

ok, so you can now sign in?

computer is working correctly?

Hello
Sorry was having problems with chrome so no nothing's fixed yet

I am here Justin and I replied to you....

All I heard was

"Worked?

did you do the instructions I gave?

I couldnt type in chrome only browser I'm on phone thank u sorry so

ok, but did you do the instuctions I gave you last?>

Shut down your Mac.
Turn on your Mac.
Release the keys.

Tell me if t then starts please

Yeah I got to mac hd and that's it let me get back there one sec

ok... sorry having a very hard time understanding your messages now. Not sure the issue on your side as it was going ok before.

I'm trying it's hard to get there

ok, what happens if you start it normally now?

No sorry it is not working when I hold this button down and wants to restart immediately over and over and over as soon as I let them go it takes a long time for it to keep restarting I don't know how I got to that screen before by luck I guess

ok, are you able to do these steps?

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Will see
Was trying to send video

ok, no need, just explain here please what happens as I will understand

I'm sorry I have to go I will try again later its not letting me enter the beginning commands command r doesn't work thanks I'll try back ok

ok, Ill mark the question to never close, so just reply to me here.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you