Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a imac 27" late 2013. i removed the front panel to…

Customer Question
I have a imac...

I have a imac 27" late 2013. i removed the front panel to change my hard drive to an SSD. when it rebooted i get this 2 inch black line on the screen

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I can show you a picture of my scrren

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?

No just those lines on my screen

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/29/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that, since the black line appeared on your screen after you removed the front panel and worked on the interior of the iMac, and since a 'black line' basically means data or input (to the display panel) lacking, then you must have pulled loose a connector (video connector doubtless) to the screen, in disassembling, changing the drive, or in reassembling.

You will have to do the operation over, only without removing the SSD, and looking carefully at anything whatever that you might have pulled on, pulled out, crimped, strained, etc. Reseating video connectors and and examining all cables, is especially recommended.