Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am unable to download the Amazon app onto my iPhone. It

Customer Question
I am unable to download...
I am unable to download the Amazon app onto my iPhone.It was installed earlier on by disappeared.Now when I go to the App Store and click on the download button, nothing happens.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
2/28/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and you will see your Apple ID there. Tap it and tap Sign Out. Then open App Store, search Amazon, tap Get or cloud button to download it. Enter your Apple ID and password ***** asked.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

(If it doesn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply to me and I will continue to help you until we fix this issue)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That didn't work

What does it show next to Amazon in App Store ? Cloud button or Get button ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Get

Tap Get and what happens ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Get button. When I click on it nothing happens!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The circle appears for a second
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Then it goes back to the get button

We may need to reset network settings of your iPhone. This will disconnect your WiFi. So after doing this, you will have to connect to your WiFi again on your iPhone.

On the iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This will reset settings like wifi bluetooth etc

Then connect it back to WiFI and try to download it now. If that didn't work, then try downloading something else. Does it download ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Others apps download fine.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try to reset the network now

Ok let me know

How is it going ?

Remember, resetting the network settings will disconnect the iPhone from WiFi. So you need to reconnect it back to WiFi network.

If that didn't work, then go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. This will also reset WiFi, App Store, iTunes Store, wallpaper, ringtone etc.

But you will not lose any of your files or stuffs. Let me know how it goes please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I suspect the issue is not in my phone but in the app
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will reset all Remove the apps I have downloaded on my phone

No. It will not remove any of your apps or files. It will only reset some settings like wallpaper, home screen layout, ringtone, WiFi, App Store etc

Make sure you DON'T select Reset/Erase All Contents and Settings. Only select Reset All Settings.

Hi there, How is it going ?

If it is still not working, then we can install Amazon app on your iPhone using your computer. Once it get installed, you can get the future updates of the apps from iPhone itself. Do you have a computer there with iTunes installed ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried to "Reset All" option and it still is not downloading. I tried to delete and reinstall the Facebook Messenger app and having the same issue with that app as well.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a computer.

It is a system wide issue then. Do you have iTunes installed on your computer ?

Also on your iPhone, go to Settings> General > Software Updates and do you see any software updates pending there ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have iTunes installed on computer.Checked for software updates and it was up to date already

We have to restore your iPhone from iTunes on your computer. This will install a fresh software on your iPhone. Follow the steps below;

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then on the iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud and turn off Find My iPhone

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

iTunes will recognize your iPhone. Select your iPhone in the top left (select iPhone icon)

Then in Summary section, click Backup and make sure "To this computer" is selected. Make sure the backup is done properly

Then click Restore button and let it restore. It will take some time to restore the iPhone .

After restoring, you will get option to restore your backup. Select Restore from iTunes backup and all your files will be restored. Now try to download the apps.

(This will take some time to complete. So start this process only if you are free for a while. Doing this will replace old corrupted iOS with new one.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will try this later today. Thx

Good luck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've not done this yet. It might take me a few days.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just FYI

No problem. Take your time.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Mac Technician