Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

What do I do if my iPad is being hacked

Customer Question
What do I do if my iPad is being hacked
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/27/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Why do you think your iPad is being hacked ?

My diagnostics and usage in settings is full of events I have never seen before

First go to Settings > General > About and what is your version number there ?

9.2 (13C750
9.2 (13C75)

The iOS 9.2 or later is still not Jailbroken yet*, that means there is no way to hack your iPad and it is not hacked. I can guarantee that. If you want security, then enable passcode lock on your iPad. iPad's security is very high and even the FBI was unable to crack it.

The items you see in Diagnostics and Usage are the data sent to Apple and no one else. These includes some location data, apps data and many other system apps etc

There is a latest version release, iOS 9.2.1

Go to Settings > General > Software Update and do all software updates. Believe me, as long as you are latest updates there is no way to hack your iPad.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If this is not information you are looking, please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please let me know and I will continue to help you

Everytime a 'Jailbreak' is released for iOS, Apple will release a new update for all iOS devices fixing that exploit used for jailbreak. So it is strongly recommended to do all software updates regularly to keep your device safe.

Jailbreak is the term used to hack the idevices to gain system level access and install unauthorized applications. Spywares, malwares etc can't be installed on devices that are not jailbroken. To do jailbreak, one need physical access to your iPad and it can't be done if the device is locked with passcode.

As long you do regular software updates from Settings > General > Software Updates and keep your iPad passcode protected, don't worry about hacking or any of that things.

The data you see in Diagnostics and Usage are the data compiled to send to Apple. They use it to improve the future software updates, fix bugs etc. It includes bugs report, crashes report, application names, serial numbers and so many others that are irrelevant to end user.

Ashik, Mac Technician