Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Nothing is opening on my Mac, It started today...I tried…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** nothing is opening on my Mac

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It started today...I tried opening up a pages document that my friend sent me and now nothing will open. When I click on anything, it will bounce once and then nothing happens...I can't access anything and I'm actually talking to you through my phone.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/27/2016
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 2 years ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Can you tell me the exact version of OS X you are currently running, please?

Click the Apple logo in the menu bar at the top left of the screen

Select "About This Mac"

In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.

Thanks,

Hi. I'm sorry for not responding right away but it appears that after sitting shut off for a long time everything is working...thank you though!

You are very welcome!

If you have this problem in the future, you may be able to quickly solve it as follows:

Restart your Mac

As soon as you hear the Startup chime, press and hold the SHIFT key

Continue to hold the Shift key until you see the Apple logo and progress indicator.

Then, let go of the Shift key and let it boot to the Desktop (it may take longer than usual so please be patient).

Finally, restart the mac once more as you normally would and your problem should be resolved.

Thanks,