Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Last year I received an upgrade from 10.6.4 to 10.6.8, which…

Customer Question
Last year I received an...
Last year I received an upgrade from 10.6.4 to 10.6.8, which was a combo package that apparently included 10.6.7. Due to computer problems I had to reinstall Snow Leopard 10.6.4. I was able to download 10.6.8 but it won't install without the 10.6.7 component. Thus, I've lost some apps including printer setups, IPhoto, etc. and I can't find that combo package. Does that still exist
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
2/26/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

It sounds like what you need is the 10.6.8 combo update V 1.1

You can get it here

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399?locale=en_US

After you download and install that update, make sure to restart your mac and then for good measure.. Run this simple repair

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the lower right hand side, click repair permissions .

Once it says permissions repair complete.. You should have a solid foundation from which to work from. Should you run into any further issues or need more help, youre welcome to reply!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.